Q4 Apparel Trends & What to Know for Next Year
Premium apparel blanks supplier Next Level Apparel (asi/73867) always keeps their finger on the pulse of the latest styles, shades and silhouettes today’s consumer is looking for. Let’s review the biggest trends gracing the runways this Q4 and which features to focus on as we head into the new year.
- Relaxed, boxy and oversized cuts: Today’s consumer cares about comfort above all else. You’ll find this trend translated across demographics and fabric lines, from oversized unisex fits, relaxed women’s styles or big-and-boxy cozy fleece pieces. This is especially popular with younger audiences like Gen Z and millennials. If your clients want to appeal to young age groups or flex their trend awareness, steer them towards oversized styles.
- Expansive color options: As apparel styles become more and more particular and defined, consumers and end-buyers alike begin finding their ideal fit and fabric. Rather than branching out to unfamiliar offerings, many customers prefer to stick with their tried-and-true favorite fit and want to stock up on that same style in multiple colors. Retail fashion brands have caught on and are focusing on expanding color options on all of their best sellers, including seasonal color ways. Make sure your apparel supplier offers a wide variety of colors to speak to this need, such as NLA’s vast assortment of popular hues.
- Versatile pieces: Ever since Marie Kondo asked us if our items “spark joy”, consumers want to clear out clutter and invest in fewer items that can serve more than one purpose. This applies to apparel as well. NLA is following in the footsteps of top fashion brands by developing pieces that can be dressed up or down, giving them more chances to be worn while showcasing your clients’ branding.
- Inclusive styles and colors: Long gone are the days where clients and consumers seek only men’s or women’s styles for specific demographics. Along with the rise of oversized and relaxed fits, gender inclusivity also calls for more unisex options that look great on all shapes and sizes. This idea carries into color assortments as well. Subtle pastels and desert-inspired colors have seen a major resurgence because of this trend. When it comes to inclusive colors, NLA recommends popular options like mauve, taupe, tan, faded blues and anything with a special wash treatment.
- Youth fashion: While young generations of the past were largely influenced by their parents on what to wear, today’s youngsters are making moves for themselves. Because kids are often online surfing the web or scrolling on social, this demographic is discovering fashion looks they admire all on their own. To appeal to these highly opinionated children and teens, make sure your apparel supplier carries fashion-forward youth styles as well as adult sizes to capture the most orders possible.